This smoothie packs a serious nutritional punch. It has a few ingredients that are not typical smoothie ingredients, but they should always be in smoothies. For instance, collard greens are commonly in stews, sautés, or soups, but rarely in smoothies. You don’t need to cook them, even though most people can’t imagine consuming raw collard greens.
Let’s get to the main highlight of this smoothie: antioxidants. All of the ingredients in this smoothie contain powerful antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body. Free radicals equal oxidation, which can increase your risk of chronic disease. Fight back against oxidation by drinking this smoothie, and adding more antioxidant-rich foods to your diet.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 c collard greens, chopped and thick stems removed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 green apple, chopped
- 1 c pineapple, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1/4 c homemade almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a large cup and enjoy immediately.