The cashew is the best nut for making raw cheese recipes because of the inherent creaminess and neutral taste. This cheese is like a spread that goes perfectly on raw zucchini, cucumber, carrot, celery, or bell pepper slices. You’ll love it!
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Dips & Spreads, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 1/2 c raw cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours then drained)
- 1/2 c filtered water (to start)
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. It will most likely be thick and you may have to pause blending to scrape down the sides of the processor to ensure that everything blends.
- If the mixture is too thick, you can add water as needed. If you want it thicker, then you can add an additional tablespoon of nutritional yeast.
- Spoon the cashew cheese into an airtight container and refrigerate. Just trust us when we say that it tastes better after a couple hours in the fridge. Enjoy after refrigeration.