Summer is nearly here, which means that the freshest stone fruit varieties and berries are about to be on grocery store shelves. When people think of summer, though, the first foods that come to mind are often unhealthy. For some reason, people associate summer with hotdogs, burgers, chips, alcohol, and other high calorie foods. What about all of the scrumptious, juicy fruits that arrive during summer? From peaches and nectarines to berries and cherries, summer offers an amazing selection of fruits, most of which are in this fruit salad.
A fruit salad is the best way to combine your favorite fruits. It’s a refreshing dish that works great as a light breakfast, or as a healthy picnic snack. Eating fresh fruit is also an excellent way to stay hydrated, and to nourish the body with powerful antioxidants. This fruit salad showcases the inherent flavors of the fruit, and they are enhanced by the mint and fresh lime juice. If you are against squeezing fresh lime juice on your fruit, you don’t have to include it. The bright citrus juice adds a beautiful zesty flavor that you just can’t beat!
Note: This recipe can serve 10-12 people, but you can decrease the quantity of the ingredients if you don’t want to make a large batch.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 12 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Breakfast, Appetizers & Snacks, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 6 nectarines, pitted and cubed
- 1 lb strawberries, de-stemmed and chopped
- 8 oz blackberries
- 12 oz blueberries
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. mint leaves, finely diced
- Add the nectarines, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Pour in the lime juice and sprinkle with mint leaves and mix again.
- Serve and enjoy.