The great thing about smoothies is that you don’t always have to drink them. Transform them into a beautiful breakfast bowl when you don’t want to sip on an ice cold blended ingredients. We do have to warn you that it’s very easy to experience brain when eating a smoothie bowl. Take your bites slowly and don’t rush to finish it before it even starts to melt.
Smoothie bowls are customizable, especially when it comes to the toppings. For this smoothie bowl recipe, we have optional toppings that include blueberries, blackberries, and dehydrated coconut flakes. You do not have to use all or any of these toppings. That’s why they’re optional. You can opt for chia seeds, hemp hearts, chopped raw almonds, or sliced bananas. Your choice of toppings ultimately comes down to the flavor combinations and textures you want to experience.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
For the Smoothie Bowl
- 1 c mixed berries, frozen overnight
- 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- Ice, for thickening
- 1/8 c blueberries
- 1/8 c blackberries
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp. hemp hearts
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can add as little or as much ice as you need to reach your desired thickness.
- Once you have a thick consistency, spoon this mixture into a bowl and top with your desired toppings.
- If you feel like getting creative and making a pattern with your toppings, go for it! Enjoy immediately.