The arugula asserts itself as a strong base for this salad. The peppery flavor forms a harmonious marriage with the sweetness of the mango and the acidity of the dressing. You will also get a lot of healthy fats from the avocado!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Salad
- 6 c arugula leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into long slices
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 c cucumber, sliced
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice (about half an orange)
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a bowl and mix well. If you want the onions to be less powerful, soak them in warm water, a dash of sea salt, and 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice for 10 minutes. Drain and then add them to the salad if you do this.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and adjust the flavors, if necessary.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well. Enjoy!