Are you tired of slurping up smoothies? Take that smoothie in a glass and transform it into the perfect breakfast bowl! The vibrant yellow color of this smoothie bowl makes this healthy meal even more exciting to eat. It’s almost like you’re eating sunshine out of a bowl. Sunshine may not have flavor, but the refreshing, tart, tropical mango does.
This smoothie bowl contains five ingredients. It’s both filling, flavorful, and packed with beneficial nutrients. The phytonutrients give mango its signature yellow color, and it’s integral to eat your share of colorful foods. Those antioxidants help protect your cells and reduce the risk of oxidative stress. Mangos are also excellent sources of vitamin A & C, folate, and copper. But mangos aren’t the only ingredient in this smoothie bowl.
In order to achieve ultimate smoothie bowl consistency, you need bananas, which are great sources of potassium and fiber. Bananas make smoothie bowls, well, smoothie bowls. The important thing is to freeze them so that you get the thickness that a smoothie bowl needs. The hemp seeds in this will also aid with thickening the mixture, and they are excellent sources of plant-based protein.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
For the Smoothie Bowl
- 2 bananas, peeled and frozen overnight
- 1 c mango, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. raw hemp seeds
- 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- sprinkle of chia seeds
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until thick and smooth.
- Depending on the strength of your blender, you may or may not need to add a couple extra splashes of almond milk to make it blend evenly.
- Spoon the thick smoothie mixture into a bowl and top with the toppings we suggest, or whichever cleanse-approved toppings you enjoy.