- 1 1/2 c walnuts
- 1 1/2 c dates
- Blueberry filling:
- 1 c cashews
- 1 c dates
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil (optional)
- 2 c frozen, organic blueberries
- 1 banana
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Cashew Cream:
- 1/4 c cashews
- 1/4 c agave syrup
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
- water, if needed
- To make the crust: pulse nuts in your food processor until crumb-sized. Add the dates and pulse until it all sticks together. Press into the bottom of a tart shell or spring form pan.
- To make the filling: blend all ingredients until smooth, adding as little as possible to keep it creamy. It should taste RIDONKULOUS. Pour onto your crust and let it set in the freezer overnight. (I lined my tart tin with whole blueberries then poured my filling around them so it looked cool when I removed the tin.)
- To make the cashew cream: blend all ingredients until smooth, adding as much or as little as you need. Slice and serve with fresh blueberries.
use organic blueberries
Try to get organic blueberries, since you just need frozen ones it'll be easier to find them. If you'd like to use less nuts in this recipe then sub in another banana instead of a cup of cashews in the filling. The cashews do make it creamier though, so it just depends on what you like.