Cauliflower mashes easily, but you have to add seasonings in order for it take on the Thanksgiving persona, so to speak. Garlic is your friend in this recipe, so don’t be shy when using it.
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:8m
- Total Time:23m
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or 2 garlic cloves, mashed)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Olive oil and fresh parsley for garnishing
- Using a steamer or steamer basket in a pot of boiling water, steam the cauliflower florets for about 6-8 minutes. Do not steam them for more than 8 minutes or they will get soggy.
- Remove from the heat, uncover the pot, and allow the cauliflower to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to a mixing bowl and start to mash. You can use a mashing tool, or you can whip them with a hand mixer. When the cauliflower is smooth, add the vegan butter, garlic powder, sea salt & pepper, and a little olive oil. Mix well and serve.