- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large organic bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk organic celery, diced
- 1 c lentils
- 2 large organic carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 large white potatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups okra (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ½ cups organic chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 3 cups organic diced tomatoes
- 4 c organic vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. Simply Organic Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Frontier Organic Seafood Seasoning
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic Paprika
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 c quinoa
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine oil and flour; cook for 2 minutes or until it turns a light brown color, then add in onion, bell pepper and celery.
- Cook for another 6-7 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add remaining ingredients except quinoa; lower heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package ingredients.3. Serve gumbo warm over cooked quinoa.