You shouldn’t have to feel ashamed of eating desserts, especially when they are made out of delicious ingredients. Filled with fiber, protein, and healthy fats, you’ll absolutely love these cranberry bliss bars.
- Blondie cake base:
- 1 c oats
- 1 c buckwheat groats
- 1 c dates
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. orange zest (optional)
- Sweet cream cheese icing:
- 1 c cashews
- 1/4 c fresh lemon juice (more or less)
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/3 c agave nectar (or 1/2 cup dates)
- White orange drizzle & cranberries:
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil (or cacao butter)
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. stevia, if desired (to sweeten and thicken)
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- To make the base: pulse the oats and groats in your food processor until they become a rough flour. Add the dates and vanilla and process until it forms a ball. Press into the bottom of a lined baking pan. Set aside, or if you want it to be more like baked cake - dehydrate for a couple hours or use your oven at its lowest temperature.
- To make the cream cheese icing: blend all ingredients until smooth. It's more flavourful if you let it sit a day or two but using it right away is fine too. It's gonna be delicious either way. Spread this over your cake.
- To make the drizzle: blend the melted coconut oil and orange juice together. Add stevia if you want. Sprinkle the dried cranberries and orange zest onto your cake then drizzle on the drizzle. Let it set for a few hours in the fridge. Then enjoy!