Is there a more signature holiday beverage than eggnog? Even though it’s incredibly popular, people have a love/hate relationship with it. There’s no tip-toeing in eggnog waters: you either love it or you don’t. We respect your views on eggnog, but we invite you to experiment with this healthier rendition that’s free of eggs and milk.
This vegan eggnog is rich, creamy, and has a lovely coconutty flavor. The cashews in this recipe take the place of eggs, and they add wonderful body to the beverage. Don’t be surprised if you like this version more than regular eggnog. At least with this recipe, you consume ingredients that are nutritionally-dense. Cheers to the holidays!
- 3 c canned coconut milk
- 1 c canned coconut cream
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 2/3 c coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk throughout the heating process until it starts to simmer. As the liquid heats up, it will start to thicken.
- Once it is simmering, remove the pot from the heat and refrigerate for a couple hours, or until completely cold.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the saucepan from the fridge, pour into a pitcher, and serve into separate glasses.