Fennel isn’t necessarily the first ingredient people think of when they make salads. It actually has tons of vitamin C, much like the oranges that are in this salad as well. This salad will give you an immunity boost and it’ll give you a healthy dose of fiber too!
Photo Credit: Lazy Cat Kitchen
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
For the Salad
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- a wedge of red cabbage, shredded finely
- 1 c of pearl barley, cooked as per instructions and cooled
- a large handful of parsley, chopped finely
- 2 handfuls of hazelnuts, chopped roughly
- 1 medium-hot red chili, diced finely
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. grade B maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- In a glass jar or mixing bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients apart from orange slices as they will fall apart during mixing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until all the ingredients are coated. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve with orange slices on top.