Get ready to enjoy the best of two holiday flavors: gingerbread and hot chocolate. From warming winter spices to delectable, rich chocolate, this beverage is exactly what you need for the holidays. Although it’s made with natural vegan ingredients, it tastes like you should feel guilty about enjoying it.
The first thing that you’ll notice about this drink is the assertive chocolaty flavor. You comfort the soul with each sip, feeling like a little kid with a cup of cocoa. Make no mistake: this recipe calls for cacao, no cocoa. Sorry, we just had to make that known. Finally, we often tell people that toppings are optional, but we encourage all of the toppings in this recipe. If you can find vegan marshmallows and candy canes,
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:10m
- Total Time:15m
- Serves: 2 servings
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Desserts, Smoothies & Juices, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp. vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg powder
- vegan marshmallows (for topping)
- vegan candy canes (for topping)
- Add all of the ingredients (except the toppings) to a a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to boil, stirring throughout to ensure that everything melts evenly.
- Once the mixture boils, remove from heat and pour into cups. Add your desired toppings and enjoy.
- vegan candy cane (for topping)