These jalapeño poppers pop with flavor and put a little pep in your step. Bake them until you get a nice and crispy top. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- 3/4 c raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours (or overnight), then drained
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3/4 c veggie stock
- 5 ounce can green chilies (optional)
- 10 jalapeños, halved and seeds/stem removed
- Olive oil to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prep your jalapeños, splitting in half and removing the tops, then spritzing or brushing them with a bit of olive oil. Place in rows facing up
- To a small saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and garlic with a bit of olive oil and cook until just softened and fragrant – about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add soaked cashews, garlic, onion, nutritional yeast, cumin, veggie stock, and green chilies to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the jalapeños, generously filling. You’ll have leftovers, which you can reserve for nachos or dip. Bake for 15 minutes or until the jalapeños are soft and the cheese has deepened in color. Place the pan on the top rack and broil for the last minute or two for an even more intense color/flavor.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!