These are going to become your new favorite appetizers! If want to make them a little spicier, add some chili flakes or Thai red chili paste.
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 c hot filtered water
- 1 lb wild or button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 c loosely packed shredded cabbage
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 c coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Pinch of sugar or more to taste
- 30 round wonton wrappers
- 1/2 c vegetable oil, adding more if necessary
- Combine the dried shiitakes and water in a small bowl and set aside to rehydrate mushrooms, about 5 minutes. Drain and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine shiitakes, fresh mushrooms, cabbage, green onions, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and sugar.
- Fill a wonton wrapper with a small tablespoon of mushroom filling. To seal, dip your finger in water and lightly moisten the edges of the wonton wrapper and fold over to form a half-circle, pressing the edges together. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and filling.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 10 to 12 potstickers to skillet and cover with a lid. Cook potstickers for 2 to 3 minutes each side, keeping skillet covered. Gently remove potstickers and repeat with remaining potstickers, adding more oil if needed.
- Serve potstickers warm with your favorite dipping sauce.