There are so many flavors and textures happening in this salad…and we couldn’t be happier about it! The chickpeas provide a slight crispiness and strong flavor that pairs well with the acidity of the cherry tomatoes. This salad is very filling so you better bring your appetite, or invite some people over!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
For the Salad
- splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15oz) can organic chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 tsp. EACH sea salt, garlic powder, & pepper
- 1 c quinoa
- 1 c red lentils
- 3 1/2 c filtered water
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 c nutritional yeast
- 1 c hemp seeds
- 6 c spinach
For the Dressing
- 1/3 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 3 cloves of garlic
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Warm a dash olive oil oil in a medium fry pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chickpeas. Season with sea salt, garlic powder and pepper and cook until lightly browned (about 5-7 minutes).
- While the chickpeas are cooking, thoroughly rinse the quinoa and lentils.
- Add the quinoa, lentils, water, and diced carrot to a saucepan and cook until ready (about 15 minutes).
- After the quinoa/lentil mixture is finished cooking, spoon it into a large mixing bowl and stir in the onion, garlic powder, lemon juice, and your a little sea salt and pepper.
- Stir the chickpeas, nutritional yeast, and hemp seeds into the mixing bowl as well.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the spinach and cherry tomatoes to a large salad bowl and spoon in your desired amount of the quinoa/lentil mixture with the chickpeas. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- You'll probably have leftover quinoa, so save that in an airtight container in the fridge for another meal. Enjoy!