When it comes to the Full Body Cleanse, sauces are the name of the game. They add another depth of flavor to your meals, but they can also serve as dips. And let’s be honest, you can’t snack on carrots all day without dipping them in something delicious. Well, that’s where this sauce comes into play.
Note: please ignore the cooked food in the picture because you can’t have it while cleansing.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1/2 c raw sunflower seeds (soaked in water for 2 hours then drained)
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil and chopped)
- 1 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. grade A maple syrup
- 3/4 c filtered water
- 1/2 c olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- If the sauce seems too thick, add an extra splash or two of water and blend until you get your desired consistency.
- Pour the sauce into a glass jar, screw on the lid, and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Use when ready.