Normally you cube butternut squash and roast or saute it with some olive oil and spices. Well this creative way to make butternut squash will have you craving this meal all the time. To help with the spiralizing, here’s a short video on how this recipe should be made. Note that we don’t suggest using vegan butter. We used olive oil instead.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- 1/2 of a butternut squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- vegan parmesan cheese, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare your squash by cutting off the ends, cutting it in half, and peeling the half of the squash that you plan to use. Make sure you scrape the seeds out with a knife or spoon. It's ok if you don't get them all out.
- Load the squash on the spiralizer and spiralize the whole half. You can also use a peeler to peel the squash into long thin, noodle like, strips, but this takes much longer.
- Place the noodles on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, and toss the pasta to coat it all.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pasta is tender but not crispy at all.
- Plate the pasta on 2 plates and top each plate with half of the olive oil, half of the parsley, and half of the vegan cheese.