When you want to enjoy something sweet, you shouldn’t have to deny that desire. Rather than reaching for sugar-laden candy bars or fat-filled ice creams, opt for homemade energy bites like these ones. They satisfy your sweet craving and provide you with plant-based protein and healthy fats. Eat one or two bites and you’ll be very happy!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 c Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 1/2 c plant-based vanilla protein powder (like Garden of Life, Orgain, or Vega)
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 c shredded coconut
- Add the dates, cashews, protein powder, vanilla extract, and sea salt to a food processor and blend until you get a dough-like consistency. It will begin to clump and this is good.
- If you find that the mixture is too dry, add a splash of water and continue blending.
- Wet your hands and form the mixture into bite-size balls. Roll the balls in the shredded coconut, place them on a plate lined with parchment paper, and refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Remove from the fridge and enjoy. You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.