It’s all about peppermint when the holidays role around! Unlike traditional peppermint-inspired desserts, this vegan peppermint fudge is made with natural ingredients. You probably should not eat the entire recipe by yourself, you can enjoy this recipe guilt-free. You also get to feel good about the fact that you top the fudge with goji berries and almonds. Both of these ingredients contain nutrients that nourish the heart and cardiovascular system. Plus, almonds are rich in fiber and protein, so they’ll help keep you full after your first serving.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:5m
- Total Time:15m
- 1 c cacao butter, melted
- 1 c raw cashews
- 2 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- 3/4 c grade A maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. goji berries
- 3 tbsp. almonds, chopped
- Line a standard baking sheet or 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour a couple inches of water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce to a simmer and place a heat-safe glass bowl on top. Place the cacao butter in the bowl and stir until melted.
- While the cacao butter is melting, add the cashews to a food processor and blend until ground. Pour in the peppermint extract and maple syrup and blend again until mixture is smooth.
- When the cacao butter is completely melted, pour it in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Scatter the goji berries and chopped almonds across the top and place the pan in the freezer so the fudge can harden.
- Once the fudge sets (about 6 hours), remove it from the freezer, slice it up, and enjoy.