- 1 c chopped parsnips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 pound butternut squash, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound chopped sweet potato (about 1 cup)
- 1 c quartered brussel sprouts
- 1 1/4 c vegetable broth
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1/2 c uncooked rice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place all of the vegetables into the basin of the slow cooker. Add the rice, spices, vegetable broth, coconut milk and salt and pepper. Stir the mixture to combine. Set your slow cooker to low and let cook 4 – 5 hours or until rice is fully cooked and vegetables are soft. For the best results, stir the mixture halfway through the cooking (about 2 1/2 hours into it) so the rice evenly cooks.
- Garnish curry with fresh greens and enjoy!