- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1 pound) package frozen pepper and onion stir fry mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 4 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (vegan if you don't add the cheese)
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the pepper and onion stir fry mix, garlic, and cumin, and cook 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Mix in the tomatoes and chile peppers. Pour in the broth, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Mix corn into the soup, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Serve in bowls over equal amounts of tortilla chips. Top with cheese and avocado.
This soup can also be Vegan
It's also vegan if you don't add the cheese at the end. If you prefer a more spicy soup, add a dash or two of hot sauce before serving.