If this doesn’t scream summer flavors, we don’t know what does. Watermelon is a classic summer fruit that can actually help you stay hydrated. The cucumber in this recipe also contributes to improved hydration levels. When you chop up all the ingredients and let them intensify for about 30 minutes, the first bite is like wow. This dip has the perfect balance of sweet and heat.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 c fresh watermelon juice
- 1/2 c fresh cucumber juice
- 1/2 c cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 c red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 c watermelon, diced
- 2 tbsp. shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp. jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tbsp. fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- In a blender, add enough watermelon to yield 2 cups of fresh watermelon juice. Blend and pour into a bowl. Rinse and repeat to get the 1/2 cup of cucumber juice.
- Add the watermelon and cucumber juices to a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to that same bowl and mix well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to let the flavors intensify.
- Remove from the fridge and add a touch more sea salt and lime juice before serving. Enjoy!