Watermelon is beloved by so many, but jicama doesn’t receive the same appreciation, unfortunately. Like watermelon, jicama has a high water content, but a lot of people are unaware of it is a powerful prebiotic that encourages healthy digestion. This is great way to test the jicama waters, so make this recipe and let us know if you like it.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 4 c watermelon, cubed
- 2 c jicama, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (don't add if you can't handle the heat)
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- Add the watermelon and jicama to a bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk the lime juice, olive oil, sea salt, mint, cayenne, and lime zest.
- Pour the dressing over the watermelon and jicama and toss to ensure all the pieces are coated. Enjoy!