If you are familiar with summer fruits, you know that mango and watermelon sit at the top of the list. People love snacking on watermelon cubes at picnics and enjoy adding mangos to smoothies. It’s possible to make watermelons into a refreshing sorbet and include mangos salads to add a hint of sweetness. What if we think outside the box and get creative with how to eat watermelon and mango?
That brings us to this watermelon mango salsa. Made with watermelon, mango, cucumber, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice, this is the ultimate summer salsa. In fact, it may even blow your mind, or the minds of people you entertain at a party or family barbecue. You can take a spoon to a bowl of this and go to town, or add it to lettuce leaves to create sweet and spicy raw vegan tacos. If you are not cleansing, you can enjoy this salsa with chips. For people who are cleansing and want to enjoy this salsa with chips, make dehydrated beet chips by clicking here.
Now, one thing to keep in mind is that both mango and watermelon are naturally sweet. The acidic lime juice and allium of the onion help to temper that sweetness. The spice from the jalapeno and the herbal freshness of cilantro gives you the feeling that you crave when you dive into salsa.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:4m
- 3 c watermelon, finely diced
- 1 mango, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 c red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 c cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Taste and add more or less lime juice and sea salt if necessary.
- If you want to make it more spicy, consider adding some more diced jalapeno. You can also add more cilantro if you crave that herbal freshness.