This is a great salad for summer. The freshness of the fruit is complemented by the herbaceous dressing. We definitely recommend adding the optional fruit to make a more filling and colorful salad.
Photo Credit: Carlsbad Cravings
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
For the Salad
- 1/2 medium watermelon sliced into tiny cubes
- 1 pineapple sliced into tiny cubes
- 1 pt blueberries
Optional Salad Add-Ons
For the Dressing
- 1/8 c agave
- 1/4 c fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. lime zest
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- At this point you can either refrigerate pineapple and watermelon separately or chop up and combine them immediately for serving.
- When you are ready to eat, chop up the watermelon and pineapple and add to a large bowl with blueberries and other fruit, if you choose to add them in the mix. Pour your desired amount of dressing over the fruit and toss to combine. Serve immediately.