Light a fire on your taste buds with this hot pepper sauce. If you want to make it milder, use less habeñeros and add 1 more tomato. You can play around with ingredient measurements to get a hot sauce that you are happy with. Just don’t go overboard with the salt.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:30m
- 10 peppers (Habeñero, peppers)
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 2 Roma tomatoes (more or less depending on desired spice level)
- 3/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes, onions, and discard stems of the peppers. Put the peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, pepper, parsley, and basil in the food processor, along with the olive oil, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the pepper mixture into a small sauce pan, bring to a boil, and slowly simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burns. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Let the pepper sauce cool, pour in a mason jar or a container with a lid, and store in a fridge for about a week or more. In order for your pepper sauce to last a long time make sure it is fully covered in oil