This soup is definitely one to keep in your recipe arsenal. It is incredibly filling and can be a great option if you are trying to maintain recent weight loss.
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:50m
- Total Time:1h 5m
- 1 c dried cannellini beans, soaked
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large leek, washed and sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2” pieces
- 3 c rainbow chard, washed and chopped
- 4 c low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 c of water
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 homemade pesto cubes, recipe in Cooking Tips below
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Soak dried beans for at least 4 hours or overnight. Make sure to drain the water after soaking them.
- Warm a little olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the onion, garlic, and leak. Saute for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beans, veggie broth, and water and then bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat to medium low and let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, chard, and rosemary and cover to simmer for another 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Swirl in pesto and serve.