- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- For the wilted kale
- 11 oz (300 g) kale
- 1/2 tsp. fine Himalayan salt
- 1 c baby tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 c hulled hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
- For the dressing
- 2 avocados
- 1 chipotle pepper* soaked for 2+ hours
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Chipotle soak water as needed to blend
- Chipotle peppers are jalapenos that have been smoked, and so are not raw. However, I love to use them as they have such a great taste and you don’t need to use many! I have provided an alternative combination of ingredients in the recipe (look at notes) as a substitute to using jalapenos that will give a similarly distinctive taste.
- 1. Remove the kale stems, and then wash and cut the kale into small pieces. Place into a bowl, add salt and start to massage the kale until it wilts and takes on a ‘cooked’ texture.
- 2. Add the tomatoes and hemp seeds to the bowl and mix in by hand.
- 3. Blend all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy, and then mix into kale by hand.
*If not using chipotle peppers, substitute with 1/2 teaspoon each of onion powder, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and tamari (or nama shoyu).