This salad is probably one of the healthiest doses of folate that you’ll ever get! Between the avocado and kale alone, you are going to be absorbing heart-healthy fats, magnesium, potassium, protein, iron, and lots of fiber. Eat up!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
For the Wilted Kale
- 3/4 c kale
- 1/2 tsp. fine Himalayan salt
- 1 c baby tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 c hulled hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
For the Dressing
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 chipotle pepper, from a can
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Remove the thick kale stems, wash the kale leaves, and then cut the leaves into thin strips. Place the sliced kale into a salad bowl, salt the kale, and massage it until it has a wilted-like texture.
- Add the tomatoes and hemp seeds to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Blend all of the dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy. Pour over the kale salad and mix to ensure all of the ingredients are coated. Enjoy!
*If not using chipotle peppers, substitute with 1/2 teaspoon each of onion powder, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and tamari (or nama shoyu).