This hummus is almost too pretty to eat. Depending on the beets you get, the hummus will either be a vibrant red or a rich, bold pink. You can dip fresh veggies in this hummus or spread it on some vegetable wraps. We hope you like it!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 35m
- 1 c beets, cubed and peeled
- 1 (14oz) can organic chickpeas, strained
- 1/4 c tahini
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and drizzle a little olive oil on a baking sheet. Scatter the beets across the baking sheet. If you want more of a roasted garlic flavor, put the garlic clove on the pan as well.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 25 minutes. Remove after cooking and everything to cool.
- Add the beets and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with carrot, bell pepper, and celery sticks.