You don’t need a ton of ingredients to create a wonderfully refreshing recipe. This smoothie only contains four ingredients: water, spinach, banana, and mango. It’s tropical without being overly sweet, and nutritious without tasting like lawn clippings. That is because spinach doesn’t leave a bitter or strong taste like kale or chard.
Both mango and banana are inherently sweet and rich in complex carbohydrates. The banana also gives the smoothie a bit more body, acting more as a thickener than a flavoring agent. The frozen mango also helps to thicken the smoothie. Make sure that you cube the mango and freeze it overnight, as opposed to buying frozen mango from the store. In some cases, it is acceptable to buy frozen fruit while cleansing, but it depends on the variety. Some may be contain added sugars and preservatives. If the only ingredients are the fruit in the bag, then it is acceptable and can be more convenient, especially if you need to save time.
The secret to making a great green smoothie is to first blend the water and the greens. Once you have a thoroughly blended mixture of water and spinach, add in your banana and mango and continue blending. It should thicken your smoothie enough, but also leave it thin enough to sip through a straw with ease.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 2 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Smoothies & Juices, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 2 c spinach
- 1 c water (plus more if necessary)
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 c mango, cubed and frozen overnight
- Add the spinach and water to the blender and blend until fully incorporated.
- Add in the banana and frozen mango cubes and blend until smooth. You can always add a little more water if necessary.
- Pour into two large cups and enjoy.