This is a recipe for the books, ladies and gentlemen. Bookmark the tab, write it down, or print it out because these raw zoodles tossed in a raw Alfredo sauce will change your cleansing experience. Not only is it light and refreshing, but it is also easy to make and packed with flavor. It’s a great alternative to salads and smoothies!
If you don’t want to use a spiralizer, you can use a peeler to make flat zucchini noodles. If you prefer zoodles that are similar to spaghetti, you should invest in a spiralizer. They are very easy to use and don’t require a lot of effort, especially when you turn zucchini into noodles. In fact, zucchini is one of the easiest vegetables to spiralize because it is very soft, unlike sweet potatoes or butternut squash. We suggest that you invest in a spiralizer that has suction cups on the feet, so that it doesn’t move while you spiralize. The handheld ones are acceptable, but can be a lot of work.
For the Alfredo sauce, feel free to add other spices that you enjoy. While this sauce is very tasty, you may want to turn up the heat with some cayenne, for example. The nutmeg may seem out of place, but it really rounds out the flavor profile of this sauce. Remember, nutmeg is very powerful, so a small pinch is perfectly sufficient. Going overboard with the nutmeg will alter the flavor and make it taste a bit odd. Finally, toss the zoodles and sauce with some halved cherry tomatoes and optional chopped basil. It’s entirely up to you!
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
For the Alfredo
- 1 c raw cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours then drained)
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c filtered water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 c raw pine nuts
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the Zoodles
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. basil, chopped
For the Alfredo Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stop blending, scrape down the sides, and continue blending to ensure that all of the ingredients blend thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside while you prepare the zoodles.
For the Zoodles
- Spiralize the zucchini and season them with a little sea salt. Let them sit in a colander in the sink to draw moisture out.
- Pat the zoodles dry and then add them to a large bowl with the cherry tomato halves and chopped basil.
- Spoon the Alfredo sauce over the zoodles and toss to coat them. Serve and enjoy.