There’s something incredibly satisfying about spiralizing zucchini. They seem to turn into these curly zoodles so effortlessly, and they’re pretty too. Aside from the aesthetic appeal, zucchini noodles are easy on your digestive system. Unlike enriched pastas that increase the risk of constipation and bloating, zucchini noodles are easily digestible and offer beneficial nutrients.
Zoodles are nothing without the sauce you toss them with. For this recipe, the pesto is made from parsley and mint, two powerhouse herbs. Parsley offers chlorophyll, which offers antioxidant properties and helps boost energy and enhance immune function. Mint offers stomach-soothing properties that may alleviate indigestion or bloating. Pumpkin seeds act as the binder of the pesto sauce. They are excellent sources of magnesium, which every needs in their diet.
The great thing about this recipe is that it only takes 10 minutes to make. You can lessen that time if you buy your zucchini noodles at the market. As we mentioned earlier, though, turning zucchini into noodles is satisfying, easy, and fun. If you’re in a pinch and only have time to blend the sauce, purchasing them at the store is a great option. Make sure you pat your zucchini noodles dry with paper towels before you toss them in the pesto, though.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Pesto
- 1/2 c parsley
- 1/2 c mint (stems removed)
- 1/3 c raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. raw agave nectar
For the Zoodles
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Set aside while you prepare the zoodles.
- Add the zoodles to a large bowl and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes into the same bowl and then pour the sauce over everything. Toss to ensure that all of the zoodles and tomatoes are coated.
- Serve in separate bowls and top with slices of avocado. You can also garnish with optional raw pumpkin seeds if you want.