To cut down on the amount of calories in this dip, we used raw zucchini as the base instead of nuts. If you want to snack on some raw carrot or celery sticks, this is a great dip to use.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 1/4 c large zucchini, diced into small cubes
- 1/3 c cashews, soaked for a few hours and drained
- 1 -2 medjool dates, pitted, soaked and chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional for flavor)
- 1 -2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. diced sweet onion (or 1 tsp of onion powder)
- 1 tbsp. curly leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 green onion/scallion, sliced (green top portion only)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients, except the parsley, green onion, sea salt, and pepper, to a food processor and blend until you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Stop blending and add the remaining ingredients, blending on low to lightly chop the herbs. Taste the dip and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes before serving.
If you have a Vitamix you do not have to soak the cashews or the dates or use the almond milk, but if using another blender or food processor that is lower powered it is highly recommended to make this dip easier to blend.