Every now and again, you come across a sauce that is a game changer. It makes you stop and think about all the other sauces, dressings, and marinades that you’ve eaten in your life. We feel that the sauce that coats the zucchini noodles in this recipe is one of those special sauces. It hits all the major flavor points that you desire in a sauce: acidic, savory, tangy, and slightly sweet.
Tahini is perfectly acceptable to enjoy during your cleanse, so long as the only ingredient is sesame seeds. Make sure that there are no other ingredients, and also avoid tahini if you see roasted sesame seeds on the ingredient list. Tahini is made by grinding sesame seeds and it is not sweet, unlike most nut butters that contain added sweeteners. It exhibits a strong, nutty flavor profile that goes well with assertive flavors like lemon, cayenne, coconut aminos, and apple cider vinegar.
The sauce is definitely more in akin to a stir-fry sauce, given that it includes coconut aminos, lemon, and ginger root. If you want to intensify the flavor, add one clove of minced garlic to the sauce. Don’t add more than one clove, or else the sauce may be too pungent. Finally, you can add other ingredients to the zucchini noodles if you so choose. Sprouts, freshly chopped cilantro, hemp seeds, and raw sunflower seeds are all great ingredients to add to your zucchini noodles.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 1/8 c filtered water
- Spiralize the zucchini to turn them into noodles. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside while you prepare the sauce.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, grated ginger, coconut aminos, agave nectar, and water to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust liquids as need, adding a little more water, lemon juice, or coconut aminos per your taste preferences.
- Add the zucchini noodles to a large bowl and pour the sauce over them. Toss to coat the zoodles, plate them up, and enjoy.