The low-carb, raw vegan entrees continue to find their way into our recipe section. This zucchini noodle entree is a light main course that fills you up before you know it. In fact, you won’t miss those heavy carbs that cause bloating from enriched flour pastas. One of the best parts about this zoodle dish is that it comes together within 15 minutes. Now, if you purchase zoodles from the store, that cuts down on prep time. Without the need to spiralize, all you have to do is make the sauce, pour it over the zoodles, and toss to coat.
We have a recommendation for anyone who wants to do their own spiralizing. A spiralizer is so easy to use, but don’t buy the handheld one because that can be tricky. Once you spiralize the zucchini, place them in a colander and season them with a little sea salt. This will help extract moisture from the zoodles so that they won’t be too watery. Use paper towels to pat them dry after about 10 minutes and then you can toss them in the sauce. That’s just a pointer from some people who have spiralized a zucchini or two. We hope you enjoy the recipe.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 4 zucchini
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/3 c cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- filtered water, as needed
- Spiralize the zucchini and place them in a colander. Season them with a pinch or two of sea salt and let them sit for 10 minutes to draw out excess moisture.
- Pat them dry with paper towels and then make the sauce.
- Add the avocados, cilantro, lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth. You can add 2-3 tbsp of filtered water if you want to thin the mixture and make it a pourable consistency.
- Place the zoodles in a large bowl and pour the avocado sauce all over them. Toss to coat and serve in separate bowls. Enjoy!