Sunflower seeds are becoming the new featured ingredient in a lot of raw vegan recipes. This means that there are more and more nut-free options coming your way! We highly recommend topping the zucchini noodles with freshly chopped basil and cherry tomato halves to add extra freshness and a hint of acidity.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 c sunflower seeds
- 3 zucchini, spiralized
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp. sesame seeds (not toasted)
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Soak the sunflower seeds in filtered water overnight. Drain the water the next day when you are ready to make the sauce.
- Add the sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic, sesame seeds, vinegar, turmeric, and sea salt to a high-speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Place the zucchini noodles into a large mixing bowl and spoon the sunflower seed sauce over them. Add the cherry tomatoes and basil to the bowl and mix well.
- Plate and enjoy.
- If you want to save some sauce for leftovers, it will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for two days.