This dish is best enjoyed as soon as you make it because the flavors are freshest immediately after assembling the dish. If you don’t think you can finish the entire dish, do not toss the zucchini noodles in the avocado pesto. Store the noodles and sauce separately in the fridge and eat within the next couple days.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 c loosely-packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- After spiralizing the zucchini noodles, place them in a strainer in the sink and sprinkle a little sea salt on them to help draw out some of the moisture.
- Add the avocado, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Rinse the zucchini noodles and gently pat them dry with some paper towels.
- Add the zucchini noodles to a large mixing bowl and pour the avocado pesto over them. Toss to coat all of the noodles and then add the cherry tomatoes. Serve and enjoy.
- If you have leftovers, they will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. You can always store noodles and pesto separately to stay fresh for a couple days.