The vegetable spiralizer is wonderful kitchen tool that helps to elevate your raw vegan cuisine. While it isn’t specific for raw vegan recipes, it does help to make raw food dishes reminiscent of regular cooked foods. The easiest noodles to create are zucchini noodles because the spiralizer has not trouble cutting them.
Once you make the zucchini noodles, toss them in the vibrant and aromatic walnut pesto. Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and they are way more affordable than pine nuts, which are in traditional pesto recipes. Parsley is also rich in vitamins and minerals, some of which exhibit anti-cancer properties.
- Prep Time:20m
- Total Time:20m
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 2 c Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 c raw walnuts
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c olive oil
- After spiralizing the zucchini, add them to a large bowl and set the bowl aside while you make the pesto.
- Combine parsley, walnuts, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, sea salt, and olive oil in a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined. It is okay if the pesto is a little chunky.
- Pour the pesto over the zucchini noodles and toss to ensure that they are coated.
- Spoon the zucchini noodles into four separate bowls and garnish with optional parsley. Enjoy!