Sometimes, you need to get creative with your sauces. There’s no fun in whipping up the same old batch of pesto. Arugula is one of the best pesto bases because it is peppery, which beautifully complements the zesty lime flavor.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 c arugula
- 1 c basil leaves
- 1/3 c raw almonds
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water (more if needed)
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- After spiralizing the zucchini, set them aside in a bowl while you prepare the pesto.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. You may need to stop blending, scrape down the sides of the blender/food processor, and then continue blending.
- Spoon the pesto onto the zucchini noodles and toss to coat the noodles in the sauce. Serve and enjoy.