Almonds, zucchini, pesto…what else do you need in the world? Instead of using regular pasta noodles, a vegetable spiralizer can turn your zucchini into noodles. Using a vegetable spiralizer is a great way to make carb-filled, unhealthy dishes a lot healthier. Try experimenting with other veggies to make them into noodles, but enjoy this tasty vegan pasta for now.
- Prep Time: 20m
Basil Almond Pesto
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 c basil, packed
- 1/2 c raw almonds
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c sliced raw almonds for garnish
- fresh basil for garnish
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the garlic, basil, almonds, lemon juice, olive oil, and crushed red pepper. Pulse until you have a smooth pesto and then season to taste with sea salt black pepper.
- Run the zucchini through a vegetable spiralizer and collect in a large bowl. Toss the zucchini noodles with the pesto until the noodles are well coated. Season to taste with sea salt. Toss the sliced almonds in.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the cherry tomatoes and tuck the fresh basil at the corners for garnish.