- 4 medium zucchini
- ½ cup marinara or pizza sauce
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup kalmata olives, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside seeds.
- To help them lay flat on the pan, you can also cut a piece off the bottom of the “boat” to create a flat surface.
- Mix tomato sauce and nutritional yeast (if using).
- Spread a light layer of sauce (about 1 tablespoon) inside each zucchini
- Top with onions, olives, and tomatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until zucchini is tender (but not mushy).
- Top with basil and serve.