For Sunflower Seeds Pate
- 1 c raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 24 hours
- 1 tbsp. good olive oil
- 2 tbsp. raw tahini
- 4 1/2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- pinch nutmeg
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- chili flakes, to taste
- 1 big zucchini, cut into flat thin strips (you should get around 12)
- 12 spinach leaves, medium sized
- 12 basil leaves
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, cut into fine strips
- ½ cup sprouted buckwheat*
For the Sunflower Seeds Pate
- To make the sunflower seeds pate add all the ingredients for the pate to a high speed blender and blitz until you get a creamy mix.
- Scoop pate in a bowl and season to taste.
- Sprinkle salt on the zucchini strips and let them sit for 5 to10 mins. Rinse the zucchini to get rid of the excessive salt and pat them dry to eliminate moisture.
- Prepare all the ingredients for the rolls and begin to assemble.
- To make one roll add 1 slice zucchini
- 1 TBSP pate spread on the surface of the zucchini slice,
- 1 tsp sprouted buckwheat (gently press this into the pate so it does not scatter all over).
- Place in the middle 2-3 sun dried tomato strips, 1 spinach leaf ,1 basil leaf and roll.
- Pin them with toothpicks.
- They are best served fresh but keep well in the fridge for 1 day or so.
Substitute the buckwheat
If you don’t have sprouted buckwheat and you don’t have time to make some right this minute, don’t worry. You can substitute with more raw sunflower seeds, or raw pine nuts, or even some roughly chopped raw nuts like walnuts or macadamia.