SMOKY MARINATED PORTOBELLO BURGERS [VEGAN]
Dairy Free and Vegan
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lapsang souchong tea, steeped for 8-10 minutes in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
FOR THE BURGER:
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 buns of your choice
- Pickled beets
- Grated carrots
- Dijon mustard
- Prepare the marinade by adding all of the ingredients to a jar and stirring to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place the mushrooms, stems removed, in a resealable bag and pour the marinade over top. Gently toss the mushrooms in the marinade and then set aside to marinade for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the mushrooms, line a pan with foil and place the mushrooms in the foil. Pour the marinade over the tops and then close the foil around the mushrooms.
- Place in the oven and cook at 350°F for 26-30 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and place on the bun with your desired sauces and toppings.