- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa, (note: rinse quinoa)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sliver almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons agave nectar
1. Combine milk, water, and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat; let stand covered for 5 minutes.
2. While the quinoa cooks, roast the almonds in a 350°F toaster oven for 4 to 6 minutes or in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cinnamon.
3. Transfer to four bowls and top with almonds and blueberries. Drizzle 1 teaspoon agave nectar over each serving. You can add more almond milk, if desired.